Yes, you are listening right, we are sharing healthy recipes for weight loss with you my dear friends. I can sense your smile. Everybody wants to stay fit in this era. But you all are stuck between eat this, eat that, what to eat.
What all you all need to do is start eating right. Your plate should have veggies, protein, whole grain, good fat, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and a balanced meal plays a huge role in weight loss and increases metabolism. Single food is not able to help you in weight loss and it doesn’t provide your body all calories and nutrients to stay healthy and fit. The best diet for weight loss is a combination of fruits, veggies, cerels, pulses, healthy fat, meat, and dairy products.
Vegetarian Recipes For Weight Loss
Here I am going to tell you Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Weight Loss and I must say you all are curious from where to start? No rush…. just stay with me I am sharing delicious and healthy recipes for weight loss with you all.
Lemongrass, Tomato, and Rice Soup Recipe
Lemongrass Tomato Corn Soup is a very delicious, flavorful, and healthy combination of tomato and rice with lemongrass. this recipe is perfect for a rainy day and I am sure you will fall in love with refreshing soup. 1st recipe of healthy recipes for weight loss.
|Olive oil 1 tbsp||garlic 1 clove, crushed|
|ginger 2cm piece, finely grated||red chilli 1, finely chopped|
|lemongrass 2 stalks||woody outer leaves discarded|
|coriander a handful, finely chopped||cumin seeds ¼ tsp|
|ground coriander ¼ tsp||roasted tomatoes 4|
|tamarind purée 2 tbsp||basmati rice 3 tbsp|
How to Cook Lemongrass, Tomato, and Rice Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add large onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, and lemongrass cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook them for 1 minute and then add roasted tomatoes and tamarind puree, 600ml water. let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of rice, you can add short grain, long grain, basmati, jasmine or brown rice, any rice would work. Don’t add too much rice, otherwise, it will be too thick. Let it simmer until the rice is cooked.
- You can add fresh basil, coriander, thyme or dry oregano to this soup a herby flavour.
Calories: 187kcal | Fat: 6g | Saturates: 0.4g | Carbs: 27.2g | Sugars: 7.5g | Fibre: 2.1g | Protein: 5.1g
Chickpea Salad Recipe
Next in healthy recipes for weight loss list is Chickpea Salad will keep you full for hours. It’s a satisfying way to have your favorite veggies in one delicious bite.
This recipe is not only is a combination of colors it is also loaded with flavor for a totally irresistible meal ready in just minutes.
|1 Cup Chickpeas Boiled (Kabuli Chana)||1 Cucumber Medium size Finely Chopped|
|1 Carrot small size Finely Chopped||1 Tomato Big size Finely Chopped|
|1 Onion small size Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup Coriander Finely Chopped|
|1 Capsicum||2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala||1 Tsp Cumin Powder Roasted|
|2 Tbsp Lemon Juice||2-3 green chilli|
|10-12 Mint Leaves||Salt to taste|
How to Make Chickpea Salad
- In a bowl add chopped carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, fresh mint leaves, capsicum, boiled chickpea, chaat masala, green chili, and Mix all ingredients well.
- Cumin Powder, Sprinkle salt, Pepper, pour lemon juice and olive oil.
- Garnish it with lemon slices, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and green chili.
- Serve it in a serving bowl.
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 3454mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 9388IU | Vitamin C: 368mg | Calcium: 848mg | Iron: 29mg
Another Mouthwatering healthy recipe for weight loss is Biryani, everyone’s favorite dish. Though the cooking process is lengthy, the simplicity makes up for it.
Vegetable Biryani is packed with aromatic rice, mixed veggies, hers, and biryani spices. This flavourful biryani is popular throughout India.
It is an ideal meal for lunch and dinner and you can serve this with Raita or a salad.
|2 tablespoons Ghee||1 large onion, thinly sliced|
|1 –2 cups chopped or thinly sliced veggies ( bell pepper, zucchini, or carrots)||1/2 teaspoon cardamom (or 3 crushed cardamom pods)|
|1/2 teaspoon turmeric||1 tablespoon cumin|
|1 tablespoon coriander||1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon (or one cinnamon stick)||1 bay leaf|
|4 cups veggie stock||2 cups basmati rice, rinsed|
|3/4 teaspoon salt||1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed|
|1/2 cup raisins|
How to Cook Vegetarian Biryani
- Over medium-high heat, the ghee in a cooker, add spices bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds.
- Add the onion and ginger-garlic paste stirring until tender and golden.
- Add vegetable potatoes, peas, carrots, cauliflower, french beans and soya chunks cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices and biryani masala powder mix and fry again for 2-3 minutes. This mixture turns aromatic, low the flame.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and mint and also add fried onions.
- Spread cups of soaked basmati rice. and sprinkle biryani masala powder and salt.
- pour 2 tbsp saffron water and ghee, pour water, cover the cooker, and let simmer it for 25 minutes.
- Your veg biryani is ready you can eat this with raita.
Tofu Scramble with Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
I am in love with Tofu Scramble with Roasted Tomatoes. There are too many people who don’t know what to do with tofu.
Here is a jhat pat recipe of Tofu. It is very easy to make this recipe, it is nourishing, packed full of protein, and a perfect breakfast for the family.
If you are short on time you can use small chunks of tomatoes instead of roasting them.
|250 g cherry tomatoes halved||1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 onion diced||2 cloves garlic crushed|
|400 g block firm tofu drained||4 Handfuls spinach|
|2-3 heaped tbsp pesto||salt and pepper to season|
|2 tbsp fresh basil chopped|
How to cook Tofu Scramble with Roasted Tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add garlic paste, dried herbs, and turmeric. Crumble the tofu in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Fry for another 5 minutes, until the tofu is just starting to catch and go golden, stirring occasionally. Add tofu and nutritional yeast and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and spinach to the pan.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven. Pile the scrambled tofu onto a plate and serve with the roasted tomatoes, toast or breakfast potatoes.
Oats idli is an urban fusion recipe, easy, healthy, delicious, and perfect for breakfast. it is similar to Rava idli in terms of appearance and texture.
Basically, idli is a South India dish, prepared with rice and lentils and served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney. But I am giving you a healthy twist by making an Instant Oats Idli Recipe.
|1 cup oats, rolled oats||3 tsp oil|
|1 tsp mustard||½ tsp urad dal|
|1 tsp chana dal||½ tsp cumin / jeera|
|few curry leaves||½ tsp ginger paste|
|½ cup rava / semolina / suji, coarse||½ cup curd / yogurt|
|1 cup of water||2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped|
|¾ tsp salt||7 cashew, halves|
|½ tsp Eno fruit salt|
How to Make Oats Idli
- Add 3 tsp oil in kadai, splutter 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, ½ tsp cumin, and 3-4 curry leaves.
- Add ½ tsp ginger paste and 2 chilies. saute slightly, add 1 carrot and ¼ tsp turmeric and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup Rava and cook on low flame until it turns sweet-smelling then add powdered oats and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Add in ½ cup curd and ½ cup water, blend well making sure there are no lumps.
- further add 2 tbsp coriander, ¾ tsp salt, and ½ cup water, blend well making sure to frame an idli player consistency.
- rest for 20 minutes or until the Rava absorbs water.
- Before steaming add a ½ tsp ENO and mix well.
- Steam the oats idli for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve instant and healthy oats idli with coconut chutney and sambar.
One-Pot Spinach Rice
One-Pot Spinach Rice is also popular as Palak Rice or Palak Pulao. It is packed with proteins, fibers, and vitamins and gluten-free also.
Spinach is loaded with nutrients, vitamins K and A, protein, iron, and minerals.
Spinach Rice cooked in the pot or stovetop as a one-pot formula. Sweet-smelling basmati rice, with spinach and flavors, make this Spinach Rice tasty and Healthy.
|1 cup Basmati Rice, rinsed & drained||2-3 cups fresh spinach/palak, chopped|
|1/2 cup green peas (i used frozen)||1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1 medium tomato, finely chopped||1 tablespoon minced ginger-garlic|
|2-3 green chilies, chopped||6-7 cashew-nuts|
|1 tablespoon lime juice||2 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro) , finely chopped|
|1.5 cups water||2 tablespoon oil|
|1-inch cinnamon stick||salt to taste|
|1 bay leaf||2 cardamom|
|2-3 cloves||1/2 teaspoon cumin(jeera) seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon coriander powder|
|1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder|
How to Make One Pot Spinach Rice
- Press saute mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it’s hot, add entire spices, cumin, and cashew nuts.
- Saute till cashew nuts turn light earthy color in shading.
- Add cut onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies. Saute for 2-3 minutes until they turn delicate and light brown in color – mix regularly.
- Add tomatoes. cook for 2 minutes till they turn delicate.
- Add spinach leaves, green peas cook till the leaves wilt.
- Add washed Basmati Rice, water, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves, lime squeeze, and give a mix.
- Close the cover on the pot, and turn the valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Press the Cancel button on Instant Pot.Set the pot to the Manual/Pressure Cook button (High Pressure) and set the clock to 6 minutes.
- Wait for Natural Pressure Release. Be careful of the hot steam.
- Eliminate cover away from you, Mix well.
- Spinach Rice is ready. Serve with Raita or plain yogurt.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2690IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Vegetarian Chili with Grains and Beans
This Vegetarian Chili with Grains and Beans Recipe is very easy to cook. It is healthy, not so spicy with grains, tomatoes, onion, carrot, wheat berries, black beans, kidney beans.
Serve it with Sour cream, grated Cheddar cheese, sliced scallions, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
|1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes||1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes|
|1 tbsp. chilli powder||2 tsp. ground cumin|
|1 tsp. ground coriander||3 cloves garlic, pressed|
|1 onion, chopped||1 large carrot, chopped|
|1 large poblano pepper, chopped||3/4 c. wheat berries|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper||1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed|
|1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed||Sour cream, grated Cheddar cheese, sliced scallions, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, for serving.|
How to Make Vegetarian Chili with Grains and Beans
- Mix crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion, carrot, poblano, wheat berries, and 3/4 cup water in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered until wheat berries are cooked yet chewy, 7 to 8 hours on low or 5 to 6 hours on high.
- Mix in the two beans and cook until warmed through 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream, Cheddar, scallions, cilantro, and lime wedges alongside.
This Chopped Salad is filled with Fiber, it is juicy, delicious, plant-based, and dairy-free, and gluten-free.
This chopped salad is great and light will amaze everyone around the table. Chopped salad is the best healthy recipe for weight loss.
|1/4 c. olive oil||2 tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp. Dijon mustard||Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 romaine hearts, chopped||2 Persian cucumbers, chopped|
|1 small fennel bulb, chopped, plus 1/4 cup fronds||1/4 small red onion, chopped|
|1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed||1 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves|
|1 c. fresh basil leaves, torn|
How to Make Chopped Salad
- Mix the ingredients together romaine, cucumbers, fennel and fronds, onion, chickpeas, parsley, and basil in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients. Taste, and add more salt if the dressing doesn’t take your breath away.
Total Fat: 45.5g | Cholesterol: 13.1mg|Total Carbohydrate: 26.2g | Protein: 11.7g
Tomato Upma Recipe
Delicious Tomato upma recipe is my fav in recipe in healthy recipes for weight loss, served with avalakki upkari and it is perfect for breakfast.
This quick and tangy upma recipe is a combination of tomatoes, Rava(sooji), onions, and Indian spices. You can serve it along with Coconut Chutney and Masala Chai.
|1 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)||2 Tomatoes, finely chopped|
|1 Onion, finely chopped||1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon Mustard seeds||1 Dry Red Chilli, cut into half|
|6 to 7 Curry leaves||1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)|
|Salt, as required||Hot water, as required|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder||1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)|
|1/2 Lemon juice||2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped|
How to make Tomato Upma Recipe
- Firstly, roast the sooji in an iron pan on medium flame and roast it till it slightly changes its tone. Keep it aside.
- To start making the Tomato Upma recipe, firstly in a large pan heat 2 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp urad dal, and few curry leaves and hing.
- Next, add ½ onion, 1-inch ginger, 2 green chilies and cook till the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and let them cook till the tomatoes get soft and mushy.
- Add the spices red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and lemon juice and cook it for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- keeping the flame on low and add the sooji, pour 3 cups water, and add 1 tbsp ghee. stirring continuously in another hand to avoid lumps.
- Cook for around 5 to 8 minutes. Once it is cooked properly, switch the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Tomato Upma along with Coconut Chutney or Masala Chai.
Energy: 213cal | Protein: 4.4g | Carbohydrate: 31g | Fiber: 0.8g | Fat: 7.9g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 13.1mg
Dalia Khichdi is a very nutritious and healthy recipe combination of carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes, onions you can also add any vegetable, it is a very tempting dish to eat. It has fibre and nutrients of wheat, low on calories.
This dalia recipe helps in weight loss and very popular in India and one of the best healthy recipes for weight loss. Serve it along with raita or curd.
|½ Cup Dalia (Cracked wheat or bulgur wheat)||½ Cup green split Moong split or skinned yellow moong dal)/td>|
|½ Cup Cauliflower florets||¼ Cup chopped carrots|
|¼ Cup chopped potatoes||1 Green chili chopped|
|½ Tablespoon grated ginger||1 Small onion – chopped|
|1 Medium ripe tomato- Chopped||1 Teaspoon cumin seeds (Jeera)|
|1 Pinch of asafetida (Hing)||1 Whole dry red chilies – Break Chile in half (optional)|
|1 Tablespoon vegetable oil||1½ Teaspoon salt or to your taste|
How to Make Dalia Khichdi
- In a bowl add dalia (broke wheat) and dal and wash changing the water several times until the water shows up clear, and afterward absorb them 2 cups water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once dalia and dal are drenched, cautiously spill out the dousing water and wash the dalia and dal in a few changes of water until water runs clear. Keep them aside.
- In a cooker heat the oil, add cumin seeds and asafetida, and fry them for 1 minute or until they become light earthy colored.
- Add red chili pieces and fry them for 1 minute and then add chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes or until they become light brown.
- Next, add chopped Tomatoes and chopped vegetables, saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add soaked Dalia and moong dal, salt turmeric powder, and 3½ cups of water, and mix. Close the lid of the cooker and cook on medium heat.
- Stir and pressure cook on a medium flame for 8 whistles or till the dalia is cooked well.
- Let the pressure cooker calm down until safe to open and serve the dalia with a garnishing of coriander leaves.
- Serve it with raita or curd.
Let me tell you one important thing, these healthy recipes for weight loss will not enough to lose weight you should be physically active. It is very important to exercise regularly. Exercise make you feel happier, can help in weight loss, increases energy level, build muscles. Your body is designed to be active, not to be sedentary.
Few good changes in your life will make your life awesome and Your few good habits will create a healthy lifestyle for you. Stay Hydrated, Stay Happy & Stay Healthy. We are happy to help you. Hope you would like my yummy recipes.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my collection of healthy recipes for weight loss from around the world. Try to make all these vegetarian weight loss recipes and please let me know how it turned out for you. Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #arogyamlifestyle